Day Eighteen: The Day we took everything apart and then put it back together
During today's session, we started doing changes to the robot, this meant cutting extrusion shorter
Day Seventeen: Discussion and other fun things
Today was fun day. At the scrimmage, we had a conversation with Mr. Ali about our strategy and if we are limiting ourselves by making our elevator smaller to fit under the small bars. Due to this comment, we decided to dedicate Thursday's session to discussing our strategy and comparing pro's and con's with the different elevators, as well as what we would do with our auto. It was a very eventful theory day!!
Day Sixteen: Final Scrimmage Prep
Today, we did four main things, mounted foundation mover, fixed the elevator, fix linear slide for intake, mount electronics, and add side bars. We mounted the foundation mover. We moved it to the side of our robot so that we would be legal in the front and back direction of our robot. We are now legal in that dimension and almost 18 inches exactly in the direction that our foundation mover is now in. The mechanism is now mounted higher off the ground so we extended the brackets on them so they can reach the foundation when it’s on the ground. We were having many issues with our elevator. The end caps keep coming off of the bearings and then the rope comes off and it ends up not working. We need to fix this, so we tried to come up with some solutions to how it can work better. The linear slide was not very good. It was not working before and it would not extend out. We stabilised it by adding some bars to the inside that connected the two bars of the linear slide. We also changed the connection between the sprockets connecting the chain and the elevator supports to be more secure. After testing, our modifications were successful and it now works better than before. We mounted our electronics so that we can run all of our systems at once. We received our expansion hub, so we are now able to run all of our motors at once. However, there was no space for the expansion hub near where the control hub is, so we attached it to the side bars we made. The drive motors are all on the control hub, and the other motors are attached to the expansion hub. We mounted side bars on two sides of our robot. They are in order to put our name and number on both sides. One of the sides also has the expansion hub on the other side of the bars. Overall, very productive.
Day Fifteen: Wait...That's illegal
Today was a very eventful day, we mainly worked on the elevator and making our robot legal by moving our foundation grabber to the side instead of the front. We moved our elevator down to fit within height regulations, and also had to move our intake up on the elevator. Unfortunately, the elevator was previously too tall so we pretty much had to redesign and mount the entire thing, which was a pain but worth it because our robot is now legal!! yay!!!11!!1! When we were doing that, our intake fell off the robot which was scary but we managed to fit it without breaking. Additionally, The robot was also too long from front to back, and so we had to move either the intake mechanism or the foundation mover. We chose the foundation mover because it’s smaller and simpler to detach and reattach, as well as the fact that moving the intake would make it more difficult for driving and operating. In the end, moving the foundation-mover wasn’t too hard, but crucial to our success.
Day Fourteen: When We Tried to Fix the Intake
Today, we really really tried to fix the intake and make it work, but in the end we just brainstormed ideas for how to fix it during our Saturday session. That was really it, so
see yall next time byeeee.
Day Thirteen: Test Test Test
Today, we tested our elevator and it works!! Then we mounted our intake and it also worked with that which was kinda fire 🔥 . Then we put our intake on chain linear slide (whichdoesntworkyetbutwedonttalkabouthat). Overall it was a fun time and we made a lot of progress
talk to yall next time byeeee
Day Twelve: The Day We Did Intake and Homework
Today was very chill, Faris and Charlotte worked on adjusting the intake according to the elevator, while Carrie worked on re-wiring the elevator so that it was more stable and even, while Iulia worked on updating and maintaining the social media. Overall very chill, and after most of the work was done, we worked on our homework.
see yall next time bye bye.
Day Eleven: The Day we Worked on the Elevator
Today was basically focused on the elevator, and attaching it onto the robot. When doing this we realised that we would have to make our intake smaller in order to have it fit when attached to the elevator. That was the focus of this session, we also updated social media and continued working on the engineering notebook.
see yall next time bye bye.
Day Ten: The Day Stuff Got Done
Today was our session back from our break in the season! A lot of things got done and that was very hype, in addition to it being Halloween which was spooky 🎃. Mackensie and Faris worked on the intake, as they had to make it thinner so it could be mounted on to the robot. While Carrie was organising our things into boxes and stanleys so that everything was neat, which is great. Patrick got work done on the auto, and Jason and Charlotte worked on the thing that would grab the foundation. Overall very productive.
see yall next time byeee
Day Nine: The Arrival of the Wheels
Today, our mecanum wheels arrived and we were hyped, so we attached them to the drivetrain and then had some issues with our drive train. Our wheels were too low, and our motors were too high. So Carrie and Faris had to take apart and remake the drivetrain. Good news is that now everything works fine. That was it this time!
see yall bye.