Day Sixteen: Final Scrimmage Prep
Today, we did four main things, mounted foundation mover, fixed the elevator, fix linear slide for intake, mount electronics, and add side bars. We mounted the foundation mover. We moved it to the side of our robot so that we would be legal in the front and back direction of our robot. We are now legal in that dimension and almost 18 inches exactly in the direction that our foundation mover is now in. The mechanism is now mounted higher off the ground so we extended the brackets on them so they can reach the foundation when it’s on the ground. We were having many issues with our elevator. The end caps keep coming off of the bearings and then the rope comes off and it ends up not working. We need to fix this, so we tried to come up with some solutions to how it can work better. The linear slide was not very good. It was not working before and it would not extend out. We stabilised it by adding some bars to the inside that connected the two bars of the linear slide. We also changed the connection between the sprockets connecting the chain and the elevator supports to be more secure. After testing, our modifications were successful and it now works better than before. We mounted our electronics so that we can run all of our systems at once. We received our expansion hub, so we are now able to run all of our motors at once. However, there was no space for the expansion hub near where the control hub is, so we attached it to the side bars we made. The drive motors are all on the control hub, and the other motors are attached to the expansion hub. We mounted side bars on two sides of our robot. They are in order to put our name and number on both sides. One of the sides also has the expansion hub on the other side of the bars. Overall, very productive.